Home renovations, be it little fixes or giving an entirely new look, holds its importance in keeping your home updated, fresh, and exciting. A renovation can include one or multiple areas of the home and one of them is the exterior siding. Exterior siding is an incredible way to add value and color to your home. There are many choices these days to assist you with making the ideal exterior. While the aesthetics are consistently significant, you also need to think about the material’s strength, capacity to resist fire and water, installation, and flexibility. If you are in search of a professional, contact Kay2 Contracting. We offer a free consultation with an experienced estimator who can assist you with suitable choices. Moreover, we have a skilled renovation team who ensures high quality work just as you like it.
There are a variety of exterior siding options like Hardie board, vinyl, stucco, wood, etc. Before selecting one it is important to dig in a little and have the knowledge to make a wise decision by choosing the most suitable product for your home. Here is a list of the pros and cons of some of the trendiest exterior siding.
Stucco Exterior Siding
Stucco is a concrete sort combination made of concrete, a binder and water. Stucco applied wet and cures to a very dense solid. It is viewed as a finishing coat, the final finished layer is visible and can be painted.
Pros and Cons of Stucco in Calgary
- Stucco can be embellished creatively as it is engineered by hand and can be textured in various ways.
- Stucco is consistently more aesthetically appealing than other siding such as vinyl
- Stucco is very durable and stand up well against weather, wind a debris
- It’s not easy to repair stucco; it may take significant work to conceal a patch
- Stucco exterior siding requires an experience professional to install properly
- It requires some maintenance to stay looking fresh
Pros and Cons of Hardie Board in Calgary
Hardie Board remains a top-notch siding and is the best in the line of fiber concrete siding. Fiber concrete is a composite material that contains cellulose wood filaments, water, and sand. Hardie Board has many positive attributes but before choosing Hardie board exterior siding it is important to know the pros and cons of it:
- It is durable
- Hardie board is water-proof, fire-resistant, and pest or insect resistant
- It is long-lasting
- It is environmental friendly with several varieties and styles
- It is not easy to install and you will need a professional renovation expert
- The labor cost is slightly higher
Pros and Cons of Vinyl Siding in Calgary
Vinyl siding is a kind of plastic exterior siding for houses. It is an engineered item, made fundamentally from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tar. The pros and cons of vinyl siding are:
- It does not require repainting
- It is highly durable
- It is not expensive
- Its relatively easy to repair
- It is a lower quality material
- It’s prone to breakage; especially in regards to certain weather conditions such as hail.
- It may have a negative impact on a homes resale value
For more information regarding home improvements, contact Kay2 Contracting and book a free consultation. Whether you reside in Calgary, Canmore, Banff or Edmonton and surrounding areas, our experts at Kay2 Contracting can offer you valuable insight towards your exterior home renovation.